Monday, August 10, 2009

I raced.........................and

I won. my class at least. wasn't my best time on the coarse, but it was way hot and humid, So I cant complain too much. So there were supposed to be 12 in my flite, but only 4 showed up at the line. I was the only serious contender with a geared bike. SO,,,, on the start, I pointed to the guys to get on my wheel for the 3/4 mile paved start loop and draft me to the trail entrance, they did. then I held the lead until I went over the bars on a creek crossing, that ended up bending my derailleur hanger. I fought the shifting all the way to the timing line and into the second lap. then on a slight uphill I shifted and the chain jumped into the spokes and I had to stop and fix it. that's when I notices the hanger. I gently massaged it back into place,looked up and saw a 13 go by( my flite #) and awe shit, it was on. got back by him on a climb and never looked back, just kept trying to push myself to the end. caught up to a guy I couldn't get by so I sat on his wheel for the last mile and kept telling him to push it, he did. we ended up sprinting out to the finish even though I knew we weren't in the same class. everyone should sprint out the finish.
I guess I will be racing the single speed at the next one, depends on who shows up, might take both bikes just in case.

that all folks,

No comments:

Post a Comment